Anyone else on the Ebay and/or Craigslist train?
Monday, June 11, 2012
Being home ALL. DAY. LONG with no job has created a very serious addiction. EBAY. I haven't bought much (yet) but I am fascinated by what people are selling and the prices at which they think they can get for things. I see a lot of stuff priced more than it is at the stores. Um really people? If they can buy stuff on ebay they can also GOOGLE to see if your price is fair. I've recently also started branching out to our local craigslist ads....oh how I love a good bargain. Thankfully I also know (and stick to) the "it's not a bargain if you won't use it/don't need it" rule so I haven't gone too crazy.
Thursday, June 7, 2012
The last two times I've tried to buy something off Craigslist, the people have flaked out on me. Today I had to file a claim with Ebay because I never received an item I purchased. I am beginning to lose my faith in humanity!
Serves me right for trying to score good deals I guess!
Monday, June 4, 2012
NJhusband and I have been married for 6 months and I thought I'd share what I have learned in my first half-year of marriage.
- getting a dog will teach you a LOT about eachother that you didn't know
- no matter what you decide to do with your name post-marriage, someone will always get it wrong and/or refuse to address mail to you properly
- even though you live together, it is still important to make time for date night. Date night may be walking the dog together at 9pm, but it counts
- after you get married people will immediately start asking you when you are going to have kids
- it is easy to get in a rut of wearing sweats and t-shirts (especially as a stay at home wife) but try to make time to freshen up for eachother. At least wash your face. LOL
- conversations had in the middle of the night, even if you THINK he is awake, will not be remembered in the morning
All in all I think I'll keep him for at least another 6 months ;-)